Michael K. Reynolds
To provide the highest level of strategic marketing consultation to individuals and businesses globally. Also to use my talents and twenty five years of experience in Marketing and Sales to powerfully communicate the strategic vision and unique competitive advantages of my clients’ world-class offerings.
HIGH-LEVEL MARKETING STRATEGIST | Developed and executed high-level message development and communication strategies for hundreds of companies and organizations. Gifted at taking complex and multilayered qualities and honing them down to a concise and powerful message. Assisted through the years in taking dozens of companies from cocktail napkin concepts to commercial success.
SEASONED ADVERTISING PROFESSIONAL | Worked with many firms in developing and executing full-scale advertising campaigns. Comfortable with all aspects of directing advertising including: strategic planning, concept development, copywriting, filming, editing, post-production, media buying and coordinated launches. Created and managed the Crystal Darkness Campaigns which reached more than 30 million people in the United States and Mexico through mass media.
MEDIA SAAVY | Conducted countless interviews on television, radio, print and served as co-host of a weekly radio program on KKOH for more than a year. Have composed media talking points for governors, first ladies, attorney generals, superintendents, mayors and police commanders. Through the Crystal Darkness Campaign generated nearly $100 million dollars in donated media and produced documentaries that were among the most-watched programs of all time in the communities they aired.
LEADING WEB DEVELOPER | Participated in the design and development of hundreds of websites of all sizes and scopes. Keen understanding of all aspects of web marketing and technology and possess a unique ability to coordinate the diverse talents of graphic artists, copywriters, programmers and videographers to create compelling websites.
ACCLAIMED PUBLISHED AUTHOR | Elite level of skills in written communication. Have authored everything from ad copy, slogans, press releases, Blogs, newspaper stories, magazine articles, documentaries and a traditionally published series of award winning historical novels (Heirs of Ireland Series) now available in bookstores).
EMMY AWARD-WINNING DOCUMENTARY PRODUCER | The writer and producer of the Crystal Darkness series of anti-meth documentaries as well as the Winning Roads anti-bullying video. Handled all aspects of production. Also produced many films for organizations and companies employing video as a powerful medium for communication.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERT | A Social Media expert and speaker capable of designing, coordinating and launching broad based campaigns involving community-wide participation. Have one of the largest online platforms in the state with more than 120,000 Twitter followers.
POPULAR SPEAKER | Sought after orator in the area of business and written communications. Have spoken before audiences of up to several thousand throughout the country.
VERSATILE TEAM LEADER | Provided leadership in all facets of life including business executives, corporate staff, non-profit organizations and church. Through the Crystal Darkness Campaigns lead teams of volunteers and professionals that numbered in the thousands.
COMMUNITY MINDED | Volunteered at and provided pro-bono or discounted services to dozens of non-profit organizations including Boys & Girls Club, Salvation Army, YMCA, Food Bank, Special Olympics, First Tee of Northern Nevada, Secret Witness, Rotary and the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission.
ENTREPRENEURIALLY ROBUST | Started a company from the ground up, raising it to annual revenues of $1.3 million within five years. Through this process developed a wide and robust skillset in the areas of budgeting, human resources, sales, marketing, networking and client relations.
TRUSTED ADVISOR | Served as a trusted advisor to hundreds of company owners and community leaders in both their business and personal lives. Provided high-impact and sometimes life-changing counsel. Understands the complexity and stresses of high-level leadership and the need to have confidential and trustworthy advice.
GLOBAL STUDIO | Reno, NV
5/98 to Current | President & Founder
Global Studio is a marketing and advertising agency that through the years has provided a broad array of world class services including: marketing consulting, advertising strategies, web development, graphic design, video production, multimedia, media buying and social media management. Founded in 1998, the company has served hundreds of quality businesses and organizations locally and throughout the United States and beyond. Currently the company focus is high level marketing consulting.
- From ground level with zero capital to over $1.3 million in annual revenues within first five years.
- Successfully managed marketing strategies for businesses and organizations in a broad variety of sectors.
- Launched hundreds of websites of all levels of sophistication.
- Developed a grassroots, mass media campaign which reached more than 30 million in the United States and Mexico
- Created unique strategies for receiving more than $100 million in earned media for the Crystal Darkness
- Handled all hiring and staff management responsibilities.
- Managed budgets of company and client’s marketing budgets.
- Transitioned culture from one-person shop to fifteen member team.
- Lead state-by-state community campaigns with thousands of volunteers and professionals.
- Participant, and at times leader, of several local and national boards.
- Well networked with many of Northern Nevada’s top executives and leaders.
- Expanded service offerings from web development to a full-service advertising agency within a three year period.
- Successfully navigated company through Dot.Com Crash, 9/11 and the Great Recession.
- Created and lead an elite, cross-trained team of designers, programmers and marketers.
- Developed and implemented the Crystal Darkness Campaigns, an Emmy-Award winning international anti-meth initiative.
Sales & Marketing
- Executed major corporate rebranding, advertising strategies and web development internally and for hundreds of businesses and organizations.
- Designed all service offerings, development, and market introduction
CORPORATE VISION | Incline Village, NV
10/97 to 4/98 | Marketing Director
Corporate Vision provides high-level sales training to companies such as Hewlett-Packard, IBM, PeopleSoft and SAP. Offers specialized workshops in the areas of presentations and messaging strategies.
- Provided marketing messaging to executives of top-tier global software development firms.
- Designed and provided direction for development of online web academy.
- Wrote extensive content for online web academy.
- Offered input and strategies for lead development.
SKAGEN | Incline Village, NV (Now Owned by Fossil)
3/94 to 9/97 | Executive Vice-President
Started by a Danish couple in the early 90’s Skagen grew to be one of the premium mid-level International brands in watches, sunglasses and clothing. Their products can be seen in almost every department store in the United States and have a strong presence throughout the world.
- Sixth hired employee for what would become a company that sold for more than $300 million.
- Worked with buyers for major department stores such as Nordstrom’s, Macy’s and Sak’s Fifth Avenue.
- Developed new product ideas in watches and sunglasses.
- Launched marketing department and contributed in all facets of communications, including branding.
- Wrote copy for print and tradeshow advertising.
- Help recruit and develop the company’s first executive team.
SWIFT COMMUNICATIONS | Reno, NV
11/92 to 3/94 | Reporter, North Lake Tahoe Bonanza
Swift Communications is part of a large nationwide newspaper and communications corporation. Locally, publications include North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, Tahoe World, Sierra Sun, South Lake Tahoe Tribune, Nevada Appeal and Tahoe.com.
- Award-winning journalist and photographer
- Covered general news, crime, sports and special interest stories
- Created feature stories for special publications and magazines
University of California, San Diego
John Muir College | Graduated 1991
Bachelors of Arts in Literature/Creative Writing | Minor in Spanish
- Secret Witness
- Salvation Army of Reno (Board Chair)
- Reno-Sparks Rotary
- Reno Christian Fellowship Church
- First Tee of Reno
- South Meadows BNI
- Sierra Harvest
- Incline Presbyterian Church
- Fellowship of Companies for Christ International (FCCI)
SERVICES PROVIDED TO NON-PROFITS PRO-BONO OR DISCOUNTED
Special Olympics | Boys & Girls Club | YMCA | FCCI | Salvation Army | Rotary Club | The Food Bank | Secret Witness | Sierra Harvest | ABWA | House Calls | Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission | Reno Air Races | A.C.C.E.P.T. Reno | CASAT | Nevada CASA | MH Opus Foundation | Reno-Tahoe Open | Crisis Pregnancy Center | Thunderbird Lodge Preservation | American Cancer Society | Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch | Reno-Tahoe Winter Games | Grace Community Church | Summit Christian Church | Reno Christian Fellowship Church
CURRENT ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIP
- Sparks Rotary – Since 2000
- Business Networking International – Since 1998
- Fellowship of Companies for Christ International (FCCI) – Since 2001